Thursday, 21 May 2009

THe new plan

Well, not so much a new plan, just a development of the old one.
I need to do some cardio work, and burn body fat (lots of that around). Some places I've looked tell me that it's one and the same thing, running is the best way to lose fat. The only trouble with this is that I can only run for about 3 minutes and then have to walk briskly for a couple of minutes to catch my breath. I can do that for half an hour, by which time I'm a sweating wreck, about to fall off the treadmill.
So is interval training better? I guess I'm sort of interval training with the running, but does it work the same with resistance workouts and weights? Well, I'm going to do some of each and work it out for myself.
I'll have a cardio day, which will be running, walking, cycling and anything that gets my heart pumping faster and a little short of breath. Then I'll have a resistance day, with body weight exercises, free weights and using the multigym. The resistance days will be total body workouts , so arms, legs back, chest and abs will be targeted quite hard, with reasonably big weights and lower reps, just to build strength. I'm not looking for massive muscles, but yearning for some definition. I know that the fat is hiding it all at the moment, but it will come out.
Today (Thursday) will be a cardio day.

No comments:

Post a Comment