Wednesday, 20 May 2009

THe work has started.

Yes, the work has started for real now.
Only 5 weeks to go before we fly off on holiday, and the realisation that I've not done anyway near enough work to be "fit for the beach" has kicked me into action.
I've now commited to a healthier eating habit (along with "she who must be obayed") and a regula, structured excercise programme. By having a work-out sheet to work from, it's much easier to work differant muscle groups each time and not just do the easy stuff.
Ben running on the treadmill as well. 4220meters (1/10th of a marathon) has been my goal, but to be honest, it's too far too soon. So, my new running goal is 2000 in 12mins (ave 10KPH). I can do 10 kph, but only in intervals, walk 2 mins @6kph, run 2 mins @10kph, and repeat. Whan I reach my goal of running the full 12 mins, I'll increase the distance and improve my endurance.
Very happy with the multi-gym work, I can see some muscles coming through on my upper arms, shoulders and chest, but there's still far too much body fat for it to be impressive. It's enought to keep me at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment