Hello, and welcome to a new part of my life, a blog.
I will be using this to share the trials and tribulations of being 40(ish) fat(ish again) and fed-up.
The journey ahead for both myself and you, dear reader, is into the world of weight-loss, fitness and mental attitude towards these and other aspects of life. So nothing too big to start with then!
Somethings in life just "are", and somethings we have control over. I can't change the fact that I'm 42, or that I'm 5'10 tall, but I have control over my fitness level and weight. These are about to change, because I choose to exercise the power I have over them.
Last week, after years of saying I would, before I'm 40, run a marathon, I registered for the 2010 London Marathon. Now, by registering doesn't mean I'm in the race, but it's a commitment on my part to have something to strive for, and a specific measurable result (SMRs, more about those later).
As for the weight loss part of my plan, I need to lose about 30lbs in the next 8 weeks, as we are off on a family holiday to Majorca, and I want to be comfortable taking my shirt off. i will anyway, but be very self-conscious about how I sit or lay down, and what I do on the beach.
In summary then, I can't change being 42, I can change the level of fitness I'm at, and a can change being "fat" (or at least overweight). I intend to enjoy losing the weight, and getting fitter as a result. Both results go hand in hand and will feed off each other. By keeping a positive attitude to the coming weeks, the highs and lows, and taking every obstacle to be an opportunity, I will achieve the targets I have set for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment