Monday, 4 May 2009

Well, the weathers been a bit poo, so it was only a short bike ride today. Did do some upper body weight work on the multi gym. 20 Lat pulls, 20 Pec deck, 15 bench press, 30 leg extensions, 10 leg curls per leg and 15 bicep curls and it's still a little sore. Going to do some TT exercises in a short while, mountain climbs, spider man push-ups and hip extensions.

Not eaten much today, no rubbish anyway. Scrambled eggs and a couple of sausages for breakfast, then roast chicken with loads of veg for dinner. I have felt hungry during the day, but I think that as more a sign of boredom rather than hunger. A large glass of water helped to keep the nibbles away. Probable still drinking too much coffee (5 cups today, black, no sugar), again I think it just something to do rather than eat.

Must do some running tomorrow on the treadmill ( I have one in the conservatory, lucky me), but it's hard getting motivated. I know I'll feel good (hot and sweaty) when I've done 3km regardless of how long it takes, and I'll really feel bad if I do nothing. It's been a while since I've done anything on it since I had some kind of viral infection in November and a really bad stomach bug in February (lost a stone in a week, but have put most of it back on) I'll let you know.
I realise that these are all "stories" that justify me doing nothing, but it's no justification at all. I could have and should have just carried on as soon as I felt well enought o go back to work. If I'm well enough to work, I should be working out.

Working lates this week (14:00 to 22:00) so I can have a light breakfast with George before school, then do some stuff round the house, workout a bit, have a light lunch, and then shower and off to work.
I normally take a couple of sandwiches to work, which I eat on my break (sometime between 19:30 and 21:00) but I'm trying to get away from bread and carbs in general, which rules out "sarnies". Salad doesn't keep very well, and if it's not fresh at can give me quite bad stomach cramps. Fruit is OK, but it doesn't really satisfy me, same with cereals Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment